Monday, June 1, 2009

I am expanding the coverage

Now that the IPL gold dust is settling and the T20 fervor is still on I have decided to go beyond the boundaries of IPL. That means I am crossing over to Star Cricket from SET Max. The T20 WC is upon us already and I am going to broadcast a TView of the T20 WC also. Hope my favorite team wins for the second month running!!
But it looks like the hope might be dashed even before the tournament begins. Zaheer Khan has carried the IPL injury into the WC and is scheduled to sit out of the warm up games. India would have been well served with another bowler instead of having to carry this extra baggage all over England - Sudeep Tyagi for example.
NZ and Pak are scheduled for India before they begin their T20 WC campaign against T50 WC 2007 tormentors Ban - time for revenge eh? Many fancy it would be a Ind-Aus final this time round. But I smell a dark horse somewhere. Let's wait and see.
From a TV perspective one thing is for sure. In between overs and during the breaks, I will only have sports promos and not Akshay Kumar swinging to "Singh is King" promos or watch "Bhaskar" being curse-transformed to "Bharti". I still would love to see the zoo-zoos though.

No comments:

Post a Comment