Monday, June 29, 2009

Changing face

As I browsed through the channels yesterday, I suddenly found that India were playing cricket in the Windies. My daughter looked at Dhoni on the screen and then asked me why he had changed teams. I did not realize why she asked that question first. Then I got her message. Dhoni was wearing India's blue and she was expecting him to wear CSK's yellow. But isn't that what I was also thinking? While India were tottering at 150 for 8 with just a few overs of the 50 left, I was happy because RP Singh was still batting and pulling India out of the rut. Not because India were still putting up a fight. But because RP was from DC. And I think this will soon become common - just like in the EPL. There will be more glory in the IPL that in test and ODI series. But of course, the World Cups and Champions Trohpies will continue to hold fort - at least at the level of the IPL. These are changing days indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment