Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I did a good thing

I did a good thing. The SL-Ind match was scheduled at midnight and I had a feeling this was not going to work India's way. So I decided to sleep and find the result in the morning. As expected Mahi (who will have a silly reason for the failure once again) and co flushed Indian cricket to the sewers once again. But then Mahi must still be be happy. After all, he just won the Indian Paisa League. So he can go back to Ranchi and rest while a bunch of 15 men who already know that they will never make it to the 2011 WC will travel to Zimbabwe to play Zimbabwe and SL in a tournament nobody will care about.
Wait a minute. Did I say nobody will care about. I must be wrong. There are 15 days between now and the beginning of the tri series in Zim. I think all will be forgotten and the whole of India will once again be rooted to the TV screens to watch the "almost Indians" pulverize Zimbabwe and get pulverized by SL. God save the cricket fans! When are Mahi and co. going to live up to the 2007 levels?
By the way, amidst all the ruins, Anand won the world chess championship once again. Is anybody paying attention?

No comments:

Post a Comment